New Brighton Landing EPNF Filed
This week New Balance submitted an Expanded Project Notification Form (EPNF) detailing the proposal for its 13.8 acre New Brighton Landing development along Guest Street in Brighton. The proposal calls for a $500 million project that will create 400 full-time construction jobs, 600 peak construction jobs and 3,000 permanent jobs. The plan includes:
- an up to 250,000 SF world headquarters for New Balance Athletic Shoe, Inc. at 180 Guest
- an up to 345,000 SF sports complex at 77 Guest Street and the adjacent vacant lot that will
house a 200-meter hydraulic-banked track and field facility, an NHL-regulation arena, 30,000
SF of medical office space, plus other amenities for fitness and wellness activities;
- an up to 140,000 SF hotel, with up to 175 rooms and suites at 180 Guest
- up to 650,000 SF of office spread among up to three buildings at 38-
40 Guest Street; and up to 65,000 SF of retail and restaurant space
- up to 1,750 on-site parking spaces with total build out
-1.4 acres of new publicly-usable open space
A community meeting on the project will be held Wednesday, June 6 from 7-9pm in the WGBH Auditorium located at One Guest Street in Brighton.
Public comments on the expanded PNF, including the comments of public agencies, should be submitted in writing to Mr. Erico Lopez, Senior Project Manager, BRA, Boston City Hall, One City Hall Plaza, Boston,MA 02201 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by 5:00PM on Wednesday, August 8, 2012.